Message from Carmin Dalziel, Bothell Kenmore Chamber Board of Directors Chair 2020-2022
It is with mixed emotions, that I share with you that Brittany Caldwell, our Executive Director, will be leaving the role effective November 1, 2022 to pursue her next professional adventure.
Brittany has been an outstanding leader to our organization for over 15 years. She started as a part-time Marketing Manager in 2007, was promoted three times over the years, and ascended to Executive Director in 2016. Brittany has been an essential part of our strong, vibrant, financially sound organization and her presence will be missed.
Through her leadership the Chamber has grown, developed, and evolved both exponentially and innovatively.
Over the past 15 years, Brittany helped:
- Grow membership 35% and our Chamber now serves nearly 400 local businesses.
- Establish new outreach opportunities including the first organizational e-newsletter, social media, marketing brochures, new website, and CRM system.
- Rebrand from the Greater Bothell Chamber to the Bothell Kenmore Chamber, solidifying the important connection of our two communities.
- Expand our Chamber office and Bothell Visitor Center three times, including the move currently underway to our new space on Main Street in downtown Bothell.
- Launch a Cultural Development Committee to ensure that our Chamber is inclusive of all business leaders in our community.
- Produce over 100 annual events ranging from business networking events to large fundraisers bringing in enough revenue to help keep our membership dues among the lowest in the region.
- Establish effective, and mutually beneficial relationships with both the City of Kenmore and the City of Bothell, positioning the Chamber to be an essential partner in serving our community.
Build organizational reserves 60x.
- Develop hundreds of relationships with businesses that have raised profits, skills, and morale for our members.
- Create a Student Scholarship Fund to support 15+ Northshore students from the Secondary Academy of Success (SAS) with their higher education.
- What Brittany is perhaps best known for is her vibrancy, high level of optimism, and encouraging nature. She has been the biggest cheerleader for our growing Chamber, and now it is our turn to be a cheerleader for her.
If you would like to be a part of planning the acknowledgement and celebrations of Brittany’s legacy, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 206.409.3507.
We are planning to acknowledge Brittany at the October 27 General Meeting – 8:00 am at Culture’s Coffee House on the Evergreen Church Campus. I hope you can join us.
We will sincerely miss Brittany in this role; however, I am thrilled to share that she will be continuing to serve our community. Brittany will be joining the Cascadia College team as the Executive Director of the Cascadia College Foundation.
What’s next? Brittany’s leadership has positioned the Bothell Kenmore Chamber well and we are primed to transition to its next chapter in leadership. The Chamber Board of Directors has a succession plan in place, and we will be announcing next steps soon. For now, let’s celebrate Brittany.
Please contact me with any questions,
Bothell Kenmore Chamber Board of Directors Chair 2020-2022
email@example.com / 206.409.3507